Leonia Fire Prevention Bureau
The Leonia Fire Prevention Bureau primary responsibility is fire safety throughout the Borough of Leonia. We strive to prevent fires and reduce the loss of life and property due to the devastation of fire. To accomplish this goal, the Fire Prevention Bureau is proud to offer the following services:
• Enforce the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and local ordinances.
• Conduct fire inspections of all commercial occupancies, multiple dwellings and non-owner occupied one and two family dwellings.
• Perform fire investigations to determine the cause of all fires.
• Conduct public education programs.
• Provide fire safety materials to residents free of charge.
• In cooperation with the Leonia Fire Dept. provide and install free smoke detectors to residents in need.
• Investigate all complaints received pertaining to fire safety.
• Perform preplan inspections and provide this valuable information to the Fire Dept.
• Actively work in cooperation with other local, county and state agencies.
- Fire Marshal: David A. Haenelt
- Fire Inspector: Robert Chace
The Leonia Fire Prevention Bureau can be reached at:
- Address: 312 Broad Avenue
- Leonia, NJ 07605
- Phone: 201-592-5780 x254
- Fax: 201-592-5746