Re-organization - January 25,2017
February 22, 2017
March 22, 2017
April 26, 2017
May 25, 2017
June 28, 2017
July 26, 2017
August 23, 2017
September 27, 2017
October 25, 2017
November 15, 2017
December 20, 2017
Re-Organization - January 24, 2018
The Planning Board meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month, at
7:30 pm, in the Borough Annex Conference Room, at 305 Beechwood Place, Leonia.
Please check the calendar above as certain meetings are rescheduled due to official holidays.
FORMAL ACTION ON ANY BUSINESS MAY BE TAKEN
The Leonia Planning Board, like all planning boards throughout the state, operates under the provisions of the New Jersey Municipal Land Use Law. The Board meets on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Borough Annex Conference Room, located at 305 Beechwood Place.
1. Preparing, adopting, and amending a Master Plan that zones the town for particular types of uses and development. The Master Plan represents the Borough's view of itself and where it should be going.
2. Reviewing for approval proposed subdivisions, site plans, and conditional uses, including certain variances and building permits. (Variances allow an applicant to vary from the zoning requirements after offering convincing legal reasons for doing so.)
3. Performing informal reviews of concept plans for development.
4. Making recommendations to the Borough Council about adopting or amending development regulations.
5. Directing the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures in certain areas shown on an official map, when such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
6. Directing the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures on a lot not related to a street, when such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
7. Making recommendations to the Borough Council and/or any other governmental authority concerning the relationship of capital projects to the Borough's Master Plan.
8. Participating in the preparation and review of programs or plans required by State or Federal law or regulations.
9. Assembling data as part of a continuous planning process.
10. Performing other advisory duties as are assigned to it by ordinance or by the Borough Council.
Planning Board Members
Mayor Judah Zeigler, Class I - 2019
Ron Wolf - Class II - 2020
Pat Fusco - Class III - Council - 2017
Patrick Botten - Class IV - 2018
Richard Stenken - Class IV - 2019 -
Vincent Petti - Class IV - 2019
Tim Ford - Class IV - 2018
Ron Chace - Class IV - 2017 -
William Russell - Class IV - 2020
Yvonne Oliveri - Alternate - 2017
Paul Poretsky - Alternate - 2018
Gregg Edelman - Alternate - 2017
Christopher LaBianco - Alternate - 2018
Mayor's Alternate - Ira Gold
Dan Melfi - Building Inspector/Zoning Officer
Jack Terhune - PB Clerk
Tina Evans - Recording Secretary
Planning Bd Attorney - Dan Steinhagen
Planning Bd Engineer - Robert Costa
Bringing an Application to the Board:
Planning Board Applications can be obtained from the Secretary to the Planning Board, Borough Administrator Jack Terhune, who can be reached at 201-592-5780 x221 or via e-mail at email@example.com. To be heard in a particular month, your application package must be available to the public at Borough Hall ten days prior to the meeting date. There are a number of legal requirements that must be addressed in completing an application, so be sure to allow yourself adequate preparation time. The application must be deemed complete by Zoning Officer Dan Melfi before any matter is assigned a docket number and listed on a Planning Board Agenda. Mr. Melfi may be reached via telephone at 201-592-5780; x 255 or more conveniently, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For New Business Owners:
The Leonia Planning Board is particularly interested in the appearance of the downtown business district. The Planning Board requests that applicants work with Mr. Melfi on the design of facades and signs to be in accordance with the Borough's central business district standards.
|July 25, 2012